Signal Ranch 1st Visit

Jun 11 2021

Jeffrey Robles

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28825
Property Name : Signal Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/10/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 80 Bass, averaging 2 1/2 to 3lbs.
Lures Used : Poppers, Frogs, Flukes and Small Crankbaits

I visited Signal Ranch for the first time yesterday and I have to say it lived up to everything you’ve seen or heard said about it.  The property is certainly a “show place.”  Aboslutely beautifully maintained.  The pontoons boats were great to fish out of and everything was perfectly staged for us upon our arrival.  I was fishing with my Brother-in-law, who was visiting from out of state.  He’s been fighting a rare form of cancer for the past 3 ½ years, and as those things go, he’s had incredible ups and downs.  We’re lucky to still have him around.  He’s been one of my fishing buddies for nearly 20 years, but he mostly loves to fish Saltwater.  Since my passion has always been Bass he’s always been willing to go with me.  The PWF experience and this amzing property gave us exactly what you’d want.  A wonderful day of fishing together that we’ll both always remember.  He couaght more Bass yesterday than he ever had fishing Bass with me before.  It was just a great bite on reaction baits from morning until early afternoon.  I put down 80 fish as our catch becasue I lost count after I had cuaght 50 and he lost count after 30, but I’m guessing we were truly closer to 90+.  The fish were all good quality as most were 2 1/2 to 3lbs., with several up to 4 and 5lbs.  We caught fish first thing in the morning on Poppers and that bite lasted about an hour.  Then we switched to Flukes as the wind picked up.  Mid-day when the sun was high and it was warmer we moved to the Frogs.  That bite last 2 hours.  We wrapped up the day fishing small crancks as the wind came back and really started blowing more.  It felt like you could’ve tried a dozen different things and it all would’ve worked.  The bite was just so consistent.  The fish here are fat and healthy.  This is a premium property and defintiely a place to go when you need/want a special day.