Bill Nowlin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28857
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 06/12/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 10; dinks to 4 lbs
Lures Used : Senkos and frogs

Went Saturday afternoon, partly cloudy at first, then clear.  Very light winds, SSW to 5 mph.  Upper 80s - low 90s; guessing water was ~ 80 degrees.  From a weather standpoint, excellent conditions for early summer.  Water, however, was stained, visibility only 6 inches.  Ground was dry so low water clarity probably not related to rains from prior week; water was same color my prior trip here, lots of suspended sediment.  Tried Chatterbait, square-billed crank, Carolina rig with Texas-rigged senko, Whopper Plopper, watermelon Senkos.  Only pattern (if you can call it that) that I could find was working Senkos right next to the bank, watermelon with chartreuse tail, fishing VERY slowly.  At dusk I picked up two dinks on white Sizmic Toads fished about 1-3 foot from the bank.  4 pounder was on the bank at northwest coerner of the dam; 2.5 pounder on bank near the middle of the dam.  There was very little activity on the surface, even at dusk, especially for this time of year.  Beautiful property, cabin looks really nice, but the fish have the upper hand on me here.