Richard Quigley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28901
Property Name : JerMar Lake
Reservation Date : 06/17/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : about nine LMB all above 14 inches
Lures Used : Primarily senkos and spinners with various plastics

I arrived early, just before 6 A.M. to beat the heat and try out fishing from the dock on the main lake. Conditions were excellent and caught about seven LMB by about 9 A. M. The road to the main lake dock/spillway was dry and my GMC Terrain had no problems with clearance on the way to the dock.  You could clearly see the grass under the water so I used a clear silver-flaked Senko casting to the edges of the grass or to holes where the grass was about 6 inches or more below the surface. I would then allow the Senko to slowly rise to the surface and then start jerking it to dive but still stay above the grass on the retrieve. The spinner baits with plastics I tried caught more grass than fish although I hooked and played a large fish on a two hook black Ribbet frog-- but he got away near the dock. Then I selected the two man Pelican boat and fished the brush piles on the west side of the lake using same Senko and a spinner with a large purple lizard in the deep water.  Heat got to be too much and called it a day about 2:30. I met the owner on my lunch run and he was very nice and extemely helpful.