Got whooped - bass were not into it! 8 fish, including one crappie. 1-4lbs

Jun 18 2021

Travis Franklin (Flower Mound)

Fry

Number of Posts :

Me and fellow member Mark Borge fished hard from about 7 to 2:45 with 15 minutes for lunch and maybe another 5-10 for a water and truck a/c break. Mark got 3-4 decent fish fairly quickly, mostly coming on the edge of the grass lines. After that it was a grind to get 4 more all day. 1-4lbs. I tried punching it in several places with no success. I tried 19 different baits from drop shot to spinner bait, to 1 oz punch rig, weightless fluke, TX rig lizard and senko, c-rig, on and on.  The only bait that produced any fish all day was a red and green chatterbait and one on a watermelon red lizard. The bass were up shallow, we could see and hear them, but couldn’t get a bait to them with the vegetation so thick on the shore. The few places I could reach, I didn’t get bit. It was hot, 98 or so and sunny, so we figured they were up under that mat or just suspended with lock jaw. It could be we didn’t offer the right menu but I threw everything in the box.

The lake is absolutely beautiful and set us so nicely with the flooded timber and deep water. All the fish except one came from the south side of the lake by the bluegill feeders. Ramp is easy for a small boat and access was good. The dock is in great shape and very handy. Tried fishing the dock before launching our little bass raider, but no bites which really surprised both of us. It was nice, just slow and we left when the sun turned the temp up to broil. Would love to have been able to take a 3 hour nap and fish from 6-8:30pm. They probably turned on for the evening bite!