Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28812
Property Name : Riley Lake
Reservation Date : 06/21/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6 to 15”
Lures Used : Senko, Baby1-, 10” Berkeley Power Worm, deep diver, whopperplopper

My oldest son and I stayed in the lodge and fished for Father’s Day. The lodge is large and comfortable with the owner’s hospitality was felt throughout. Every area of the lodge was tastefully decorated and welcoming. Absolutely no outside noise. Unless you step outside and experience a symphony of songbirds and frogs in full voice!

We grilled musk ox and shrimp from Alaska on the outside gas grill then enjoyed a movie on the nice flat screen TV. Slept great!

We launched and parked the boat Sunday night and were up before dawn Monday morning. Got a few topwater hits but not much. Senkos worked well but never found a solid pattern. Water was stained dark tea color but clear to 3+ ft. Water temp 88. Partly cloudy with a light breeze. 

Caught a total of 6 in 5 hours of fishing, harvested 4.  Biggest were 15”. 

Bottom line for us was what we lacked in fishing action was more than made up by the comfortable lodge in a very peaceful setting. The songbirds serenaded us all day with bullfrogs singing background bass. Well worth the trip to experience this beautiful property with a picturesque lake. I highly recommend Riley Lake. We will definitely be back. 

Jun 22 2021

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

A goofy typo got by me and the system will not let me edit. “what wekacjedin fishing action was more than made up by the comfortable lodge in a very peaceful setting.” should eread “what we lacked in fishing action was more than made up by the comfortable lodge in a very peaceful setting.”