Jeffrey Robles

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28898
Property Name : Signal Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/22/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 65 Bass, 1 Catfish
Lures Used : Frogs, Topwaters, Flukes and Rattle Baits

My Dad recently moved near my wife and I.  This past March to be exact and I had taken him fishing a couple of times to some of the lakes near my home (Ray Hubbard and Lavon) and once to a Private Water lake (Kickapoo).  The Private Water fishing trip had been his best, but as he’s going to be 80 next month the jon boat there was a little tough on him getting in and out of it.  When I went ot Signal Ranch, about 2 weeks ago with my brother-in-law and saw the mini pontoon boats, I knew I needed to take my Dad there.  So yesterday we fished it.  We had a great day and the Bass really cooperated.  We got there about 8:30am as my Dad’s not much of a morning person anymore.  We fished on shore for abot an hour, catching 10 Bass on a mix of Frogs and Poppers.  My Dad, honeslty would’ve just stayed on shore.  His balance isn’t very good and he’s always a little nervous about getting on a boat, but when he saw how nice and stable the pontoons here are, he was all for it.  We fished for about 2 hours and caught 25 Bass on Rattle Baits, Frogs and Popper.  We came in for lunch so he could sit under the shade for a while.  I decided to make a couple of casts off the dock and ended up catching 9 in baout 30 minutes, several on back-to-back casts on Rattle Baits.  My Dad, after resting in the shade came out on the dock and caught 3 more Bass on the same thing.  We then went back out on the boat for a final 2 hours and caguht the last 18 Bass of our day.  About ½ of which came on Flukes.  Another solid day at this bueatiful property.  

Jun 25 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Jeffery,

We are so glad you were able to get your Dad on some solid fish. Creating lifetime memories are why we exist!

Steve

Jul 23 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Love this story of you taking your dad. You will remember this the rest of your life and a great memory. Wanting to try out this lake with my son since it is only 20 minutes from his home. Only wish we could bring our kayaks though. Still, really want to treat my youngest son on an awesome trip.

Jul 23 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Dale Stagg

Love this story of you taking your dad. You will remember this the rest of your life and a great memory. Wanting to try out this lake with my son since it is only 20 minutes from his home. Only wish we could bring our kayaks though. Still, really want to treat my youngest son on an awesome trip.

Sorry, just looked and kayaks are ok to bring. Awesome!