Joe V. Smith

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28977
Property Name : Alysha Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/23/2021 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 52 bass 10" to 3 1/2 lbs
Lures Used : fluke , wacky , tx rig , frog

Fished alone the morning of 6/23/21. The lake is full,at the lip of the spillway. Conditions are great at the lake.Visibility is 12” at the dock,8” at the shallow end and 18” at the dam. This is about as good as it gets for Alysha.The problem vegetation has died back significantly since my last trip a month ago, however the better vegetation is still there.I was able to cast any hit the actual earthen shoreline in a few places.

Caught 52 bass and 3 large crappie. The bass were mostly in the 12” to 3 ft of water. Landed eight on frogs Then the rest were on wtless flukes and worms.Wacky worm and tx rig with a 1/34 oz worm. Color did not seem to matter until about 10am when wtless marti gras fished very shallow worked better than the others.

Only 6 of the bass were under 14” and 60 % the the others were in the 2 ½ lb to 3 ½ lb range. A lot of quality fish. I did not take my fly rod but the bream were attacking my plastic all over the lake.

Jun 24 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

One of the most underated lakes in the club. If it were 1 hour closer to Dallas in would be booked solid. For those members willing to drive 2 hours from Dallas this is one of the best values in the club.