One fish 2 fish 6/30/21

Jul 08 2021

Garrett Wyatt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Not my best outing, but had a lot of fun on a half day rental at Brushy Creek Lake….Did not get many bites this day, but i did wind up with 2 really good sized fish….Weather had been rainy that week off and on, but dry this day.

One I caught on a zman Razor Shadz fluke, 3.5 pounder, and at the end of the day, a 4 plus pounder on a Yum Christie Craw, top water…had 3 bites on this top water Craw, and finally landed the 3rd one…He was a good one…

I ran up away from the ramp down the narrower passageway , staying mostly on the west side going down, and then into the boot of the dogleg right, towards the damn…gets really shallow with a lot of heavy grass, so be warned…Easy to get stuck. 

Tried Tx rigged worms and zoom flukes, but as i mentioned, didn’t get the bites i was hoping for. Also tried crankbait, lipless and shallow bill, staying above the grass as best as possible, and tried a spinnerbait or 2..No luck on those. 

But did manage to NOT get skunked so very relieved and happy about that. Beautiful lake. Obviously it has fish, and some really good sized ones…I certainly would try it again.