Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29217
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/18/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 12 up to 2.5lbs
Lures Used : Senko/Frog/Buzzbait/Underspin/Jerkbait

Buddy and I fished Six-O Ranch – what a beautiful piece of property and scenic lake. Water was near gin clear and relatively cool.  We were not particularly successful, which based on the prior reports was a fisherman problem, not a fish/lake problem.  

1. We caught a few early on a frog/buzzbait – no action on a spook (of any size) or popper.  
  2. I graphed fish in bunches off the main point and in the old pond area but was unable to get them to move on anything.  Almost all fish were on the bottom if not in the weeds. 
  3. I had some success with a jerkbait when I saw baitballs in areas and across the weedline.  No action on cranks (flatsided or regular or squarebills).  No luck on a jig.  No luck on a chatterbait (which I thought would be money out there). 
  4. Tried to emulate alot of what had been successful based on the reports but we just couldn’t get it going.  
  5. We saw some fish break the water 20-30 feet off the weedline.

Don’t have a lot to report on this one.  Buzzbait over the weeds worked ok, frog worked ok, jerkbait worked ok.  Senko was hit or miss.  Underspin was hit or miss.  We didn’t get a chance to fish the whole lake (it is a large lake and we had limited time) so I’ll be back when I can graph out more of the structure. 

Jul 20 2021

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Fishing Six-O this week. Any tips you can provide? Best areas to focus on?

Thanks, 

Charles

Jul 20 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Charles McCarble

Fishing Six-O this week. Any tips you can provide? Best areas to focus on?

Thanks, 

Charles

I would focus on the main and secondary points along with the old pond area (opening part of the left finger if you head to the right on the lake).  I would downsize and use a small spinner, ghost or translucent colors along with greens, and try a red worm with blue flake.  Frogs over the weeds were ok, I'd go with green.  I'd also use a Carolina rig with a long leader. Slow sinking baits with light weight of you can get away with it depending on the wind.  

Jul 22 2021

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

I would focus on the main and secondary points along with the old pond area (opening part of the left finger if you head to the right on the lake).  I would downsize and use a small spinner, ghost or translucent colors along with greens, and try a red worm with blue flake.  Frogs over the weeds were ok, I'd go with green.  I'd also use a Carolina rig with a long leader. Slow sinking baits with light weight of you can get away with it depending on the wind.  

Thanks for the advice. 

Jul 22 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Charles McCarble

Thanks for the advice. 

Worth what you paid for it – hopefully with stable weather conditions, regardless of the heat, they should be active.