John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29258
Property Name : Alysha Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/24/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 47
Lures Used : Frog/Spinnerbait

Fished Alysha ranch Saturday the 24th from 6 till 6. After the recent good reports from Tri Vo and the many reports from Joe Smith, I had to check it out. Started fishing a black Spro popping frog and immediately started catching fish. Healthy fish, too! I figured I only had a little time before the sun came up so I fished hard to take advantage of the frog bite. As the sun started coming up, the clouds rolled in and a little breeze picked up. Perfect conditions to stay with the frog! They blew up on it consistently until 12:30 when I stopped for lunch. Clouds were breaking at this point. I ate a sandwich and got in the truck for a cool down and a short nap. That short nap lasted an hour and ten minutes! By this time it was mostly sunny and very little wind. As I got out of the truck, I looked at the dock and noticed something was missing. My boat!!! A little confused after my nap, I walked down to the dock and saw it way down at the fenceline in the middle of the lake! I was shocked and still groggy confused! Lol. So I convinced myself that I was gonna go swimming! Put my boots on, and headed to the shore. One step and I sank in the mud. Scratch going swimming! So after a good chuckle at myself for not securing my boat, I decided to use the Jon boat on site. Yes, I hand paddled all the way to my boat! Yes, it was a beating! Got back to the dock, secured the boat, pulled Jon boat back up to shore, and got back to fishing! Whew!! Dog tired! Fish didn't seem to care, first cast with spinnerbait caught one that went 19” and biggest of the day. When it was sunny, they hit the spinnerbait, if it was cloudy, they hit the frog. It was definitely a great fishing day! Fished until 6 when I called it quits. It was an interesting, fun day at Alysha! Thanks PWF!

Jul 26 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

It happens to the best of us. 

It makes for a great story.