The weather was hotter than the fishing

Jul 26 2021

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Got on the water around 7:30. Water was unbelievably clear up to 6-8’! Fishing was tough with bluebird skies,clear water and strong winds after lunch. Oh, and did I mention the temp.? (100 degrees at 3:00). 

Only 7- bass caught, the largest, a 2 pounder caught at the covered boat house. We tried many differant plastics, crank baits, jerk baits, frogs….you name it. Best ended up being a black frog and a black/blue football jig with blue Googan trailer. Six-O is a really nice property and has one of the larger lakes in our club. Very easy to fish.  In a couple of months when the weather cools off, I will definately be back!

Jul 26 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Sorry that you had a rough go – though I am somewhat comforted that it wasn’t just me.  It is a large lake with alot of fishable surface area, and with the clear water – the entire water colum is up for grabs – so you have to cover alot of water quickly which is tough to do from the pontoon. One of the things I’ve noticed about clear lakes with depth is that during the full to half moon cycle, they bigger bass and bass generally seem to feed more during the night. Interested to see if the reports don’t pick up between August 1-14th.  

Jul 26 2021

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Sorry that you had a rough go – though I am somewhat comforted that it wasn’t just me.  It is a large lake with alot of fishable surface area, and with the clear water – the entire water colum is up for grabs – so you have to cover alot of water quickly which is tough to do from the pontoon. One of the things I’ve noticed about clear lakes with depth is that during the full to half moon cycle, they bigger bass and bass generally seem to feed more during the night. Interested to see if the reports don’t pick up between August 1-14th.  

I’ll bet reports improve by September once the heat gets more managable. It was brutal!

Jul 26 2021

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

No it was not you… I feel that I am a well above average fisherman. The summer is hit or miss, more miss for sure. We did cover alot of water quickly to try and establish a pattern and bait to use. The full moon has been great at times, often you have to stay well after dark for best results….the big boys do feed late and into the night. We converted a new 12’ Lowes aluminum boat into a bass boat, it turned out pretty good. Poontoon boats are safe and spacious, but not for me. I need a boat that can get into 8” of water and can squeeze between trees and brush…poontoon boats are too clumsy.

Jul 26 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Charles McCarble

No it was not you… I feel that I am a well above average fisherman. The summer is hit or miss, more miss for sure. We did cover alot of water quickly to try and establish a pattern and bait to use. The full moon has been great at times, often you have to stay well after dark for best results….the big boys do feed late and into the night. We converted a new 12’ Lowes aluminum boat into a bass boat, it turned out pretty good. Poontoon boats are safe and spacious, but not for me. I need a boat that can get into 8” of water and can squeeze between trees and brush…poontoon boats are too clumsy.

Yeah, pontoons can be funny sometimes – we did a 9 point turn in the trees on the right at one point.  Was very messy!