Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29325
Property Name : Tara lake
Reservation Date : 07/27/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4 up to 3.7lbs
Lures Used : Worms/Fluke/Sqbill/Spinnerblade

I finished work early and was able to get out to Tara Lake for a quick lick, which has been on my hit list for a minute. 

1. I arrived to a summer squall, with a downpour and thunder/lightning for the first 2 hours, so I didn’t get much time on the lake.  I found fish near brushpiles after the lake settled, but looked like a lot of the fish were roaming with the active baitfish post rain, so it was a bit tough to pin them down.  
  2. Water was hot, 92ish, even with the rain, heavy stain with 1 foot visibility.  No wind.
  3. Thought there might be more topwater action given the rain and the shallow water, but I was wrong. 
  4. I got most of my hits/catches off the brushpiles.
  5. A white fluke with a light weight TRIG was the best producer, slowly worked through the piles very slowly.
  6. I caught 1 good fish, the rest were dinks. no crappie etc though I did see them intermittently throughout the lake.  
  7. All bites were in the ‘deeper’ section of the lake. 
  8. I wanted to use some searchbaits (e.g. sqbill) but there was a fair amount of snotgrass shaken loose during the squall through the lake, so it made working it tough, same with a spinnerblade.  Fished a wacky rig for a bit, but felt like the presentation was too slow. Dark colored plastics didn’t work well – white was the trigger (usually one or the other in that clarity). 
  9. I did see a couple of cottonmouths, see picture – this isn’t a bankfishing lake, but be careful nonetheless. 
  10. I felt like the bass were in the upper part of the water column for the most part – when fishing this lake again during similar conditions, I would have used a donkey rig.