Chris Violette

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29259
Property Name : Moonshine Lake
Reservation Date : 07/30/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 26- 8 over 3 lbs, 8 under 16”
Lures Used : Fluke, Drop Shot Wacky, Whooper Plopper, Frogs

I got to take my second visit to Moonshine in 2 weeks, this time with member Brandon Florence.  We got very similar results to my first trip, but the fishing was dramatically different. The lake was considerably warmer than it was just a few weeks ago and, boy did it make a difference.  We started the morning throwing primarily top water. We had some mild success, but there was not much action happening on the top of the water this morning.  There was hardly any wind, nor many bugs bringing the fish up to the surface.  Last trip, we had a ton of success more the middle of the lake, especially in the trees. This trip, we had no success there.  We spent most of our time chasing the shoreline, especially on the west side.  Brandon was killing with a wacky rigged drop shot.  I had most of my success throwing a weightless fluke into the open shallows near the shoreline.  At 11, we took a short break and then worked our way up the dam. We got a few bites, but didn’t have a lot.  The east side of the lake produced some results, just like the time before.  Not surprising as it has a fair amount of shade in places, but there is a ton of moss creeping in from all the heat.  The highlight of the day was bringing in two 3.5 pounders in, at the same time. While we caught 26, we had quite a few that didn’t get into the boat and a few of them where really good size. We will have to come back for those another day....