David Camp

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29340
Property Name : Kickapoo Lake
Reservation Date : 07/31/2021 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 30 from dinks to 3-4lbs
Lures Used : watermelon sinkos texas rigged weightless

Took my buddy Jon Usry from YOLOFish.com out for a Saturday morning fish.  We got on the water about 7:15 and based on the last report, headed for the dam on east bank.  After about an hour and half throwing everything (top water, swim, brush-hog jigs,crank, wacky-rigs) with minimal results we headed over to the north end of the horseshoe and worked our way around the point.  Once we rigged up the watermelon sinkos Texas rigged weightless, the game changed and it was on.  And the hotter it got, the better the fishing.  Started working the holes between bank and the grass ring circling the lake, then fished inside the ring getting to deeper water and the size of fish definitely improved.  We made a full lap inside the grass ring catching everywhere we tried.  And each landed the best fish of the at high noon on the ‘last cast’ before heading to the launch area and loading up.  Great location and once you find the bite, its on and it fun.  I’ll be back to this spot for sure.

Aug 01 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Interesting that you didn't have success on the dam, I caught quite a few there mostly on a buzzbait/jerkbait right on the edge of the weeds.  Maybe the fish moved to higher oxygen content shallower water as the days have gotten hotter.  

Sounds like you had a successful trip!