No Pattern at Triple J

Aug 04 2021

Ryan Herrington

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29378
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 08/03/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 17 LMB (2 - 3lb+; 5 - 1lb+)
Lures Used : Crankbait; topwater; soft plastics (weighted, t-rig)

On the water at 6:45am and finished up around 3pm.  Some clouds in the early morning turning to full sun by mid morning.  Winds were very light.  Water temp was 83 and rose to 87.  Tried to take advantage of the “cooler” August weather and while the day was nice, the fishing was relatively tough in the sense I couldn’t find a pattern.  I had quite a few fish “lie” to me.  I’d catch one on a topwater and then no other takers.  Catch one on a lizard and then no other takers.  That “pattern” continued throughout the day.  By day’s end, I landed 17 LMB with a couple of 3.5lb chunks.  I caught fish on all “thirds” of the lake but struck out near the dam.  I was most successful with the lures that triggerd reaction bites.  I did catch a few on soft plastics, all weighted and texas-rigged, slow presentation.  

Aug 04 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Not gonna lie, turbid/low vis water scares me – I feel like I have to work alot more (and I need to get better at it).  Everyone always tells me to throw chartreuse colorado spinners, rattletraps, and louder baits, and those are not strong/confidence lures for me.  Between Tara, JJJ, and Backside of the Moon, I think I’ve personally averaged less than 10 fish per trip and the average is 6 or so.  When Pecan Gap was muddy in the spring the day I fished it, I caught 7 or 8 vs my other days when I caught more. 17 would be a really strong day for me in that type of water but I know what you mean when you catch them and you have to really work for it.