Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29393
Property Name : JerMar Lake
Reservation Date : 08/05/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 12 up to 2.31lbs
Lures Used : spook/jerkbait/creature bait

Fished from 9:30-1:15, 2-3:30 at JerMar Lake on this relatively cool August day.  Didn’t catch any bangers but had a nice little run on some of the intermittent brushpiles throughout the lake. 

1. I didn’t put the electronics in the boat as the water seemed really shallow and weedy, but the water wasn’t super hot for this time of year.  Steady from the south of 15 or so which I feel like drive some nice current through this lake, so this lake should fish well in ‘hot’ conditions and does based on the reports. Water is clear(ish) 3 foot vis. 
  2. I focused on the middle to south end of the lake.  I was able to find a few fish early on spook but that bite died off pretty quickly as I didn’t get to the lake particularly early.  I rotated between brush piles for the most part and the two tree stumps in the middle of the lake. 
  3. Based on google earth photos – there should stilll be a creek channel that runs the entirety of the lake and felt like the midday fish would suspend above that, breaklines where current pushed in, brush piles so that felt like my best bet. 
  4. Pattern was through a jerkbait and find a fish, then throw a lightly weighted plastic once I found one, then I’d catch another.  
  5. The bite was subtle and feint.  It was hard to disntinguish between grass and when I had a fish on.  I had a few fish that I thought was just grass that came off as a result, including what was my best fish of about 3-4lbs that a lost about a ¼ way left to the boat.  I got a lot of ‘slaps’ – and you can see that the way some of the fish are hooked.
  6. The most aggro bites were on a red/brown crawfish type plastic. 
  7. Protip – eating at Gabby’s Mexican and then trying to fish again is harder than it sounds.  
  8. I hooked myself in a weird spot on my right hand at the end, which ended my trip as my cutters couldn’t get to base of the hook.  I pulled the hook through quickly with my needlenose and then packed up 1 handed (fortunately I picked the plastic boat) – had dinner plans with the wife so I couldn’t have stayed much longer anyway.  I still need to really get gloves at some point.