Aug 08 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29400
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 08/07/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7 up to 8#
Lures Used : spinnerbait, tx rigged worm, fluke, carolina, jig, crankbait, whopper plopper

Ok I really don’t know how I ended up losing the wheel bearings on my boat trailer. I mean when the mobile mechanic inspected it, he said what bearings?? haha. I think I might have spent 5 hours trying to find someone on a Saturday to fix my trailer or I would have left my boat in Willis Point. Well I give a great thanks to the owner for coming out and trying to help. He might have spent about an hour and a half staying and trying to find someone or tools to help me fix my trailer. Thanks to Scott and Cole also trying to help with my situation. At the end, I was able to make the best of it knowing I was kind of stranded. I wasn’t going to go home yet even though my wife was very concerned, and I am glad the family didn’t come with me this time. But I left the fishing a little early because I ran out of ice and drinks! Anyways I ended up catching 7 with an 8#, 5.63#, 3.51#, 3#, and 3 fat dinks. They were caught in about 8-10 ft of water but next to dropoffs. I didn’t catch any fish on the timber and shallow side but I know there were fish in those areas. Pitching is not my strong suit so I didn’t do much of it. I know there were tons of fish up in the thick mat. That pond felt different from all the other PWF lakes that I have been on. The fish hit harder and pulled harder than any other fish I have caught on any PWF lakes. That 5# and 8# definitely hit like a freight train. The square bill crank in a shad color did most of the damage. I think double digits will be caught pretty soon even though this is a pretty new lake. I hope I get to come back out here again. Pics were added. Thank you PWF and pond owners!

Aug 09 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Beautiful fish – that’s a bummer about the trailer!

Aug 09 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Beautiful fish – that’s a bummer about the trailer!

Thanks Joshua, she was a beautiful thick toad. Next time I'll concentrate more on the ridge when I have more time and more focus!

Aug 09 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By TRI VO

Thanks Joshua, she was a beautiful thick toad. Next time I'll concentrate more on the ridge when I have more time and more focus!

Tri – way to go – agreed, beautiful thick toad indeed! Glad the challenging day ended well.

Mark

Aug 09 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mark Daugherty

Tri – way to go – agreed, beautiful thick toad indeed! Glad the challenging day ended well.

Mark

Mark, she was incredibly thick and strong. Wished I would have measured her because her girth was shocking to see. I nearly lost her 3 times. Twice from her jumping out of the water on the retrieve. Then once when I grabbed her at the boat. She slung herself free from my grip. Imagine how I felt when she shook herself back into the water. I was glad she was still hooked!

Thank you, it was a relief getting home safely but now I have to get a new hub assembly. This one is trashed because the bearing cover did not stay on.

Aug 09 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Sorry about the trailer. But an 8 lber and a 5 lber helps ease the pain. 

Aug 10 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Sorry about the trailer. But an 8 lber and a 5 lber helps ease the pain. 

OMG Steve no doubt how it lifted my spirits! I was trying to stay positive all day and those fish made it so much easier.