Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29437
Property Name : Angel Lake
Reservation Date : 08/10/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 11 up to 4lbs even
Lures Used : Buzzbait/Frog/Senko

Kids are with GMA, Wife is on a work trip, worked all morning since 6am, so why not fish another PWF property I haven’t fished yet?

1. Fished from 3pm-7:45pm and had a blast.  Water vis was about a foot or so, winds were gusty up to 25mph, water was relatively cool, and the sun was a beat down. 
  2. Couldn’t figure the fish out  early – was trying a white fluke/senko and my other standards in dirty water with high wind (spinnner, chatter, rattle, etc), but to no avail.  There is milfoil in the lake, so treble hooks were a bit tough to get to where the fish are.  
  3. While frogs aren’t my strong suit, I switched to a white frog and started focusing on what I think are giant reeds (never seen them before, they look tree like and are way taller than the common reeds) in shady pockets, trying to skip in under them. That was the right idea, but I had to slow down the retrieve (15 – 30 seconds pauses between twitches).  That got my biggest fish of the day, just over 4lbs on what felt like a 6 min cast. 
  4. I moved to the East side of the lake and decided to go for a black buzzbait, that is where it really started to pick up – The next 15 casts, I got 8 fish or so to blow up on the buzzbait in isolated pepper grass, but I couldn’t get a good hookset – I almost didn’t care, as the blow ups are really fun to watch. 
  5. I started throwing black colors from then on and had a lot of success.  Switched to a black frog and caught a few, buzzbait, finally got a few to stay on, and I followed up with black and blue senko, wacky rigged, and got half my fish that way.   
  6. I missed 2.5x the fish I caught, but I just love watching them blow up on topwaters.  I couldn’t get my gold standard topwaters to work though (spook/PopR/Plopper), regardless of color. 
  7. Lake isn’t big, but there is a ton of fishable area. 
  8. Couple of notes: A – there are snakes, I saw 2 cottonmouths, so be careful when bank fishing.  B – bring a backing for the boat to set your trolling motor – the backing is largely gone on the boat, but ti is in otherwise good condition and easy to get in the water from where it is located, C – fish are good sized.  I caught 1 fish that was less than 2lbs, they were all fighters and in very good shape, especially for this time of year. D – when the wind died, the fishing slowed immensely. E – the bloody fish was hooked in the upper mouth -just seemed to bleed a bit – safely returned and I’m confident she’s fine.  

Aug 11 2021

Matthew Green

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hey brotha!

Thanks for the report!  I’m headed up there tomorrow.  I appreciate the advice!  

Aug 11 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Matthew Green

Hey brotha!

Thanks for the report!  I’m headed up there tomorrow.  I appreciate the advice!  

Good Luck!  Just match the water clarity to the type of baits and you should be fine, it was turbid when i went but really windy.