Aug 15 2021

Stephen Polley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29440
Property Name : Dogwood Lakes Estate: West Lake
Reservation Date : 08/12/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7bass 2-3lbs; 4bass 3.5-4lbs; 1bass 5.3lbs.; 6 bass removed
Lures Used : 6 inch. worms without weight; black torpedo; shad whopper; frog Senko

This was my first outing at this beautiful property.  The boat was completely staged with trolling motor and battery and all I needed to load were rods, tackle and refreshments, I launched solo at 8am with the daily temp reaching around 100 with little breeze. The fishing was active with topwater until around noon with my biggest fish caught at 8.30 with a grey whopper popper.  Because of the heat I took a 1.5 hour lunch to dunk my head in the ice chest and then blow dry with my car’s A/C.  In the afternoon I switchd to plastics with a much slower than normal action, sometimes waiting as long as 30 seconds between movements, sometimes longer if I was retrieving a cold water.  I probably lost about the same number as I boated….maybe because the fish were too small or maybe I was to quick on the draw.  The lake and its environs are extremely well maintained and the surrounding trees provide beauty as well as many shady havens along the water’s edge. I rate this property and its sibling Dogwood East 5 stars!