Glen Armstrong

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29532
Property Name : Pecan Gap
Reservation Date : 08/25/2021 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4/5 lbs
Lures Used : 10" Power worm

Although it would be great to catch lots of big fish, it’s good enough to catch two nice fish. I only caught four, but one was 4.25 lbs and one was 5 lbs. I only fished the AM, water temp was 84 deg and visibility was about 3 feet.

Aug 25 2021

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Glen,

This is one of my favorite  club lakes. It is not a numbers lake but the fish are usually quality and the amount of structure is unreal! . Every now and then you will catch a tagged fish which I am told are Florida bass introduced years ago. 

Glad you had a good time.

Dave

Aug 26 2021

Glen Armstrong

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By David May

Glen,

This is one of my favorite  club lakes. It is not a numbers lake but the fish are usually quality and the amount of structure is unreal! . Every now and then you will catch a tagged fish which I am told are Florida bass introduced years ago. 

Glad you had a good time.

Dave

Is that a fly rod I see in your hands? I'm originally from Texas, but I lived in Idaho for the last 25 years and fished Idaho, Montana and Alberta. Fishing moving water with a fly rod is still my favorite way to fish. I have dreams of big trout rising to a size 20 purple haze.

Aug 26 2021

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Glen Armstrong

Is that a fly rod I see in your hands? I'm originally from Texas, but I lived in Idaho for the last 25 years and fished Idaho, Montana and Alberta. Fishing moving water with a fly rod is still my favorite way to fish. I have dreams of big trout rising to a size 20 purple haze.

Yes it is. Still my favorite way to fish. I grew up in Kentucky and fished moving water alot and also farm ponds, usually with popping bugs on the ponds. I’ve lived in Texas since 1981 so it is now mostly spinning and baitcasting for me. Lots of members fish our properties with fly rod setups and are quite successful. My fly rods are 3-5 weight so I’ve not done that. The photo on my profile is from a trip taking my grandkids to Yellowstone for small trout. Cost me 4 guides to take all of them and I was stupid until they were ankle deep in a 9 foot wide stream, pulling in 6 “ trout! By evening, I was a genius and they wanted to go again! Best kind of fishing for me.