Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29690
Property Name : MK Ranch
Reservation Date : 09/06/2021 AM - 09/06/2021 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 7 up to close just over 4lbs
Lures Used : Spook/PopR/TRIG

Fished MK Ranch for the first time – I noticed the property didn’t have a report for a few months so I thought maybe the fish would be less lure shy.  I was only able to get 2 and my buddy was able to get 5 along with the biggest fish of the day. 

1. Water was warm, didn’t have my electronics.  Wind light out of the South, good green tint in the water, fair amount of snotgrass, but not terrible. 
  2. Found fish at the south end first in the shallow flats area.  And a couple on the dam that I didn’t hook up with on a frog. 
  3. We found them on top for the first hour or so, then the sun broke and the fish repositioned, but we jsut couldn’t locate them either in the intermittent timber or on the breakline of the lake in any spots where I felt like they would have repositioned. 
  4. I saw some schooling activity but by the time we got over there, they were gone or stopped feeding. 
  5. Threw jerkbaits, TRIG, topwaters, missed 4 on a frog, tried a squarebill, small crank, spinnerbait, underspin.  Nada. 
  6. Got some bluegill bites on some timber when I downsized but no hookups – perhaps the bite was just subtle and I missed it. 
  7. Found one dying fish in the west side of the damn area when we have made out first pass.  Older fish by the looks of it (large eyes/mouth – pretty thin as well). 
  8. We packed up around 11am as I had my FF draft back in Dallas this afternoon. 
  9. Pretty surroundings, nice pondking to fish off of – electronic gate is always nice and easy to find.  Will definitely be back to crush it next time.