Westin Smith

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29697
Property Name : Gallant Elm Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 09/06/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 12 1lb - 8.34lbs
Lures Used : Crankbaits/worms

We arrived around 4pm after driving through storms very close to the property, and was curious how the fishing would be because of it, but it turned out they were loving it! Ambient temps went from near 100 degrees to low 70’s within an hour and we had an amazing sunset session on the provided Jon boat. Immediately started with TopWater after the rain and seeing blowups but didn't get bit, so we drifted towards the main rocky point straight across from the launch and got a handful on cranks baits (5-8’ divers), after that we weren't having luck on much else from the weightless senko to the big swimbaits which was surprising giving the conditions and great clarity, but Devin threw a Mondo Worm by one of the deeper trees and emded up with a new 7lb PB after an awesome fight and no net in the boat 🤣🤘🏼 not long after that she reeled in another new PB in the same evening from the corner near the DAM at 8.34 pounds!

all other fish were caught on the same crank or Natural colored worm once we had them dialed in. 

Sep 07 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Great job Devin, congrats on your new PBs!  Beautiful fish, glad you enjoyed your evening there.

Sep 08 2021

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Great job Devin, congrats on your new PBs!  Beautiful fish, glad you enjoyed your evening there.

Westi – great report. I have not fished Gallent Elms lately since I heard the water level was low and hard to launch a boat. I fish from a 13ft kayak and I am concerned about either having to drag it from the road or get stuck backing the trailer to the water. 

Any info is appreciated. 

Bill Fetech 

Sep 09 2021

Westin Smith

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By William Fetech

Westi – great report. I have not fished Gallent Elms lately since I heard the water level was low and hard to launch a boat. I fish from a 13ft kayak and I am concerned about either having to drag it from the road or get stuck backing the trailer to the water. 

Any info is appreciated. 

Bill Fetech 

William thank you! driving right down to the water was no problem even with our bass boat behind the truck, although we didnt try launching it and opted for the on site jon boat because of how mushy it got at the bank, but with a kayak trailer i wouldnt hesitate. we were able to make a full circle with the boat in tow right by the water since it’s so low and theres now more room to drive near the bank which you may be able to see from the photo above with Devin holding the bass horizontally and the vehicle is in the background. get back out there and catch a giant!!!! 

Sep 09 2021

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Westin Smith

William thank you! driving right down to the water was no problem even with our bass boat behind the truck, although we didnt try launching it and opted for the on site jon boat because of how mushy it got at the bank, but with a kayak trailer i wouldnt hesitate. we were able to make a full circle with the boat in tow right by the water since it’s so low and theres now more room to drive near the bank which you may be able to see from the photo above with Devin holding the bass horizontally and the vehicle is in the background. get back out there and catch a giant!!!! 

Thanks. That definitely helps 

Bill