Sep 07 2021

Garrett Wyatt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29668
Property Name : Tree Farm
Reservation Date : 09/06/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3 / all under one pound
Lures Used : texas rigged worms, crankbait, jerkbait, swimbaits, drop shot, zoom flukes, whopper plopper

Spent a good part of the Labor day out at the Tree Farm inside Houston Beltway. Nice place. 2 good sized lakes, nice gazebo area with like 12 picnic tables and plenty of room. Good shade, too. Also, had bathrooms, which is a big plus with my wife going with me.

Had a breeze some of the day, making it not so hot, but it did get very hot in the middle of the day, while fishing, not in the shade.

Only caught three at Lake Hope using Zoom Ultravibe speedworm and Googan Slim Shake on TX rig, and all were small,  bank fishing. Did not catch any at the other lake (South) . Access was pretty good on all areas of the lakes. Because it’s in the middle of a Tree Farm, there was quite a bit of contruction / industrial equipment around (bull dozers, etc.) working, but it really didn’t bother the fishing. It’s a big area.

And though it wasn’t my best fishing day, the scenery was great, with a lot of horses and wildlife (cormorants, egrits). We had a good time. And before the end of the day, We saw the Alligator. It is big. Beware if you go. I think there are two alligators, according to the owner. He dropped by before end of the day, and was a very friendly , pointing out I could go to other side of lake Hope driving through the gate, as long as I kept it closed.