Rock Chimney on a Windless Bluebird September Day 9-17-21

Sep 19 2021

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Arrived in a heavy fog (at least for this part of Texas) at dawn and as I drove down to the tank I was suprised to see an orange glow from a recently drilled oil well on a nearby ranch! It was quite a site on the horizon! It was also great to see that the recent rains have filled this lake and found both creek arms completely full of water.

Started throwing topwaters from the bank but their were no takers. Launched my recent aquisition, an Utraskiff 360, as soon as the sun rose and fished till 3pm. The water was stained with perhaps a foot of visibility and there was virtually no wind throughout the day. I caught 14 bass from 10 – 18”. I tried numerous techniques throughout the day but only had success with wacky or neko rigged plastic sticks or trick worms (12) and sq bills (2). I think.  the herd of cattle had the best idea of how to handle the midday sun. LOL

Can’t wait till the first cold front moves through!

Bob

Sep 19 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

How do you like the skiff? 

Sep 19 2021

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

How do you like the skiff? 

curious about that too

Sep 20 2021

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Carpenter

curious about that too

Gents,

I had a great time using it the first time out.

So far I believe it is superior to my three kayaks in terms of control and fishing positon. I just need to make a few mods and give it a go in windy conditions.

I have posted my detailed thoughts based on the madien shakedown on the entry on the discussion page.

Cheers,

Bob