TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29765
Property Name : Pecan Gap
Reservation Date : 09/18/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 12
Lures Used : Spinnerbait, Trig, Crankbait, Fluke

First time fishing Pecan Gap and it’s a great looking property. It kind of reminds me of Sam Rayburn but a lot smaller version haha. Around 3 pm I was able to launch my boat with little problems other than it was a little tight. The water depth was perfect at the rock ramp. The dock was very convenient. Water clarity was 1.5- 2 ft and water temp stayed around 85. The hydrilla line came out to about 8 ft of water around the perimeter from the dam to the first hump. I was able to catch a few fish off the deeper hump and actually caught bigger fish off the shallow hump. I enjoyed cranking and catching fish around the trees on the east cove. I was surprised to find 5-10 ft of water around the trees. The west cove was more shallow but I was able to pick up a few with a spinnerbait. All fish (14) caught were 2.5# to 4.5# with the big fish almost 21”. I couldn’t find the toad but it was fun. With the cooler weather coming, it’s only going to get better. I didn’t have my phone extender so fish pics were funny looking. There were no dinks. Thank you PWF and pond owners!