Corky Cummings

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29820
Property Name : Brushy Creek Lake
Reservation Date : 09/24/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 5 total, 1-2 lbs
Lures Used : tx Rig craw, worm, chatter bait

I went to Brushy Creek in Kyle, Tx, for the first time 9/24.  We spend a lot of time in Austin and I have been meaning to go, but it never worked out to get away in the spring.  I went early and was there by daylight.  It took about 25 minutes from downtown Austin and it was fairly easy to find before daylight.   

The pond is mostly shallow, vegetation is pretty thick below the surface and the water is very clear.  It almost needs a little more stain and the club boat was in good shape.

The fishing was a little below average for the club lakes I have been to, but I’ll accept responsibility as equipment issues and my lack of experience with the lake probably hurt me more.  I had a few more bites along the dam and the shallows were just too much vegetation in most places to keep the weedless plastics clean .  I saw as many bass as I caught in the clear water so they are there, but I didn’t get a lot of action in 4 hours.  

I would think this lake gets pretty heavy pressure from the neighbors.  I want to try again.