STUMPED ON TIMBER ? = NOT ! ! ! (TEAM ULTRA~SKIFF)

Oct 21 2021

Scott Wheeler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29541
Property Name : Timber Lake
Reservation Date : 10/20/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : Total = 65 2 X 3 LB+ MULTIPLE 1 & 2 LBS+
Lures Used : The List Goes On & On, Crank Baits, Soft Plastics = Flukes & Brush Hogs, Weighted & Weightless

First Time Fishing
With PWF Member 
Joshua Massoud.
Thank You, Joshua For Joining Up With Me
On This Great Day Outdoors
Doing What We Love, Fish On ! ! !
Storming The Beach Of Timber Lake  ((TEAM ULTRA~SKIFF))

“CONDITIONS”
Temps  AM  =67*  PM =85*
Wind Varried  0  to  12  MPH
Mixed  Sunny  To Full Cloud Cover
Water Temps  67*  To    71*
Water Clearity  2FT
Water Level, Down Approx  2+ Ft.

The Weather Conditions Turned Out Perfect, An Absolutely Beautiful Day.

However, Today Was A Day Of Quantity Over Quality.
Seems As  Anything Over 3LBS Had A Severe Case Of Lockjaw.
We Were Never Able To Lure Those Big Healthy Fighters I Know This Lake Can Produce, “From Experiance, 4th Time On Timber”
Culled A Large Number Of Small Fish,We Threw Everything We Had At Them But Never Could Entice The Bigger Bass,
 But We Still Landed  Enough Over The Slot To Claim The Day A Victory.
”Note”  Missed A Record Number Of Hits And Lost More Hooks And Weights Than I Care To Mention.
I’m Sure Joshua Will Return For Another Round And I Know I will,
As Timber Has Become A Favorite Of Mine..
Until Then

Lines Tight &  Stay Fishing My Friends
Rippin Lips.

Oct 21 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Fun day and great report Scott – it was very much a pleasure to meet you and look forward to fishing with you in the future.  Overall – very fun property that fishes different that alot of the others in the club:

1. Water was clear – fair amount of milfoil and pond week, some snotgrass, but not too bad. 
  2. What worked me: 14 on sqbill in the trees and stumps,  16 on a Crig Fluke in 8-13 feet of water in the area right before the timber lines or in the first part of the timber line. A few on a 6xd crank in 17-20ft of water near a brushpile or deep timber. After 5pm, the topwater bite with a spook opened up and caught a few that way. 
  3. What didn’t – buzzbait, Trig, Spinnerbait, Big swimbait. 
  4. Thank you to PWF and the lake owner!
  5. I believe I culled 16.

Oct 21 2021

Keith Barfield

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Fun day and great report Scott – it was very much a pleasure to meet you and look forward to fishing with you in the future.  Overall – very fun property that fishes different that alot of the others in the club:

1. Water was clear – fair amount of milfoil and pond week, some snotgrass, but not too bad. 
  2. What worked me: 14 on sqbill in the trees and stumps,  16 on a Crig Fluke in 8-13 feet of water in the area right before the timber lines or in the first part of the timber line. A few on a 6xd crank in 17-20ft of water near a brushpile or deep timber. After 5pm, the topwater bite with a spook opened up and caught a few that way. 
  3. What didn’t – buzzbait, Trig, Spinnerbait, Big swimbait. 
  4. Thank you to PWF and the lake owner!
  5. I believe I culled 16.

Nice report guys, thanks.  Sounds like an all “a-round” great numbers day. 😀

Scott, my son & I lost a bunch of gear at Timber as well a few years ago.  But well worth it!