Gainesville - Pecan Gap Report 10-23-2021

Oct 27 2021

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Fished Pecan Gap with my 2 boys on Saturday 10/23.   Launched at around 7:30 and wind blew us off by 1 pm. I took my 12 year old out on our 14 ft Jon. My 16 year old took the pondtoon that is on site. 

Between the 3 of us we managed about 12 fish for the day.  This is my 2nd time to fish this lake and while it has quality fish it's not a numbers lake.  

Out of the 12, we had a 5.4, 2 @ 3.0 and the rest were dink to 1.5 lb class fish.  I picked up the 5.4 in the southeast Creek channel on a green pumpkin jig with zoom speed craw trailer.  It was the hardest fighting 5lber I have ever caught.   If I had not seen it come to the surface before trying to take me under the boat I would have thought it was an 8 lber.  

Caught nothing off the humps which was surprising. Most fish were in the creek areas either in the channel or around the timber or up on the bank.  

Oct 27 2021

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice fish. It looks angry. 

Oct 28 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Chris – your boat conversion looks awesome. Great job. 

~Mark

Oct 28 2021

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mark Daugherty

Chris – your boat conversion looks awesome. Great job. 

~Mark

Thanks John. 

Mark,

Thanks.  That boat has been just perfect for these club lakes. It fishes 2 people very well.  3 is tight and if all three are slinging rattle traps and whopper ploppers forget about it.