Great runaway with the wife, but windy!

Oct 30 2021

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30167
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 10/26/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 14, 8 dinks up to 4.25 pounders (3)
Lures Used : whopper plopper, Senko, super fluke

After two major surgeries between us this year, my wife and I were ready for a runaway, and our 51st wedding anniversary was as good an excuse as any. Stayed in the lovely lodge there Monday and Tuesday nights and fished on Tuesday. Weather was warm (80s) and Tuesday started out mild. Water temp 78 degrees and a bit cloudy (visibility about 30”) – nice!

Started at dawn and not a lot of topwater action, but did catch a couple of nice 4.25 pounders on a shad colored whopper plopper. Caught a few small ones along the dam. Best area was the small cove on the west side nearest the dam. Susan lost a big one at the boat, and we saw a couple of big ones jump. The bass seemed to be herding shad into the shallows and smashing them there. Caught a few along the shoreline on white super flukes. Susan caught several on her favorite lure, a green pumpkinseed TR Senko.

Got really windy as the day went on to the point it wasn’t much fun. We quit around 5PM, landed and loaded our boat and covered it due to a storm predicted overnight.

Grilled steaks on the grill and enjoyed a nice evening together. Enjoyed an amazing sunset! I recommend the hammock. :) Watched a couple of DVD movies offered there. The lodging is small but perfect for us two. It’s a perfect runaway just over an hour from our house. I think this will be an annual tradition for us for years to come.

Thanks to PWF and the owners for making this wonderful property available!

Oct 30 2021

Charles McCallum

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Congrats on the anniversary Larry!

Oct 30 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Charles McCallum

Congrats on the anniversary Larry!

Congratulations!