Kirk Balsley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30298
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 11/02/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 9 to 3.92 lbs
Lures Used : Senko, Buzzbait, Topwater Popper

Fished about 6 hours on Tuesday before and during the front.  The care taken at this property really shows.  The lake is in good shape also but could use some water like I would imagine a number or our lakes.  One strange deal I thought was that there were fish in VERY shallow water.  I spooked two off the bank before I even put the boat in and I saw one of them which was about 3 lbs.  Also caught some in exceptionally shallow water and spooked a couple when the bait landed.  Most of the fish were near any type of cover you could find.  The top spots were the pier, the fence and bank across the lake and the dam.  The fish seemed to come in two’s and then I would go a while and not catch anything.  I was about to quit about an hour before dark, but got a couple fish off the dam that kept me fishing.  

There always seems to be missed opportunities and this day was no different.  I had what felt like a good fish on a point grab hold of a Megabass Vision 110 that felt like a good fish and it made a big boil and pulled off.  I also had one on a Senko on the lone stump off the West Bank that I stuck and thought I had him coming and the fish wrapped up down deep and broke off.  I think the stump is on the edge of the creek. There is some really heavy brush down there that I couldn’t see.  Ended the day with one close to 4 and a couple 3’s so not bad, but would have liked to see these other two.