Saturday, Dec 4th - DLE West, Henderson (quality over quantity at beautiful lake on beautiful late fall day)

Dec 05 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30551
Property Name : Dogwood Lakes Estate: West Lake
Reservation Date : 12/04/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18 / up to 5.42 lbs
Lures Used : Most effective were: lizard, paddletail, flat-side crankbait, spinnerbait, finesse jig

Pam and I had the pleasure of fishing DLE West on Saturday and had a very solid day – landing 18 bass up to 5.42 lbs. We harvested 8 and returned 10. The bite was subtle and the fish were a bit finicky, but the average size was outstanding. Our top 5 weighed in at 25.35. Most of the big bites were on a green pumpkin and purple t-rigged lizard, along with one on a bluegill flash 4.8 paddletail, and a bluegill-patterned spinnerbait. Of the 10 returned 5 were 4+ and 2 were 5+. The fish were fairly concentrated in the lower end and most bites came when boat was in 8 to 12 FOW and the bass were seemingly in the 6 to 8 ft range. As mentioned, an almost imperceptable bite – just a pick up and gentle swim away – stick ‘em and then it was ON!

The weather was top notch with mild temps and a light to calm S-SW breeze. The lake was a few feet low from full pool with temps in low 60’s, 18IN of viz, and no vegetation.

Thanks to the new owners of the estate in keeping the property in the club! Can’t wait to return.

Mark & Pam

Dec 06 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Sounds great. I have been to the East lake which was very low level but haven’t been to West yet. Nice!

Dec 14 2021

Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

That’s amazing! It’s crazy what temperature, and patience, will do for the bite! I fished this lake just a few days before y’all and my top 5 only ranged up to 15 pounds. All beautiful and healthy fish but didn’t get hit by the big ones like y’all! Starting temp in the morning was closer to low 40’s so it sounds like that extra bit of warmer temps had them moving a bit more.

Cheers to y’all on a great day!

Dec 14 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Alex Elrod

That’s amazing! It’s crazy what temperature, and patience, will do for the bite! I fished this lake just a few days before y’all and my top 5 only ranged up to 15 pounds. All beautiful and healthy fish but didn’t get hit by the big ones like y’all! Starting temp in the morning was closer to low 40’s so it sounds like that extra bit of warmer temps had them moving a bit more.

Cheers to y’all on a great day!

Thank you Alex and your 15lb top-5 stringer was nothing to sneeze at!

And thanks Dale.

Tight lines fellas…Mark