Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30658
Property Name : Pecan Gap
Reservation Date : 12/12/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 2
Lures Used : jerkbait/crankbait

I had to go up 35 to pick something up so I decided to schedule a day at the Gap.  Unfortunately, I was recalled home early after getting about an hour and a half on the water, but did have a couple of things to report so wanted to go ahead and file this one. 

1. Water is clear to about 4-5 feet, 52 degrees, wind out of South, steady at about 12-15 mph.  
  2. I managed 1 bass and 1 crappie. The bass looks to be one of the ones that were stocked earlier this year. The crappie also appeared to be a yearling. 
  3. The main thing I wanted to report is that there appears to be some significant brush added to the lake. 
  4. One big pile in the middle on a flat surrounded by deeper water and a few in 6-8 feet in the Northeast, east sections along with a few smaller piles at  both points.  Some of it is visible out of the water, but much of it is not, 
  5. There is still some green grass in the lake at 6-8 FOW, and each fish was caught relating to it. 
  6. Almost every fish I graphed was relating to the main lake and depth changes/grass. 
  7. I missed one good fish on a magdraft in 16 FOW suspended at around 10ft. Felt like she snagged the back half of the bait.