Dec 25 2021

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30719
Property Name : Angel Lake
Reservation Date : 12/24/2021 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4 Total; 2 dinks, Largest close to 2lbs
Lures Used : Spinnerbait, Flashy Swimmer, Ned Rig, Shakey Head, Wacky Rig, Squarebill

Fished Angel Lake for the first time Christmas Eve morning.  Arrived a sunrise to a 20 mph SSW wind with higher gusts that did not let up for even 10 seconds till I left at noon.  Needless to say, I did not get out on the boat, so just worked the bank casting with the wind as much as possible.  Spent the first couple of hours trying to get them to respond to moving baits (primarily a white/chartreuse double willow spinnerbait).  That proved fruitless.  I got one to blow up on the spinnerbait after seeing it boil near the bank, but didn’t hook up on it.  I finally caught a couple of dinks on the Ned Rig, so fished that awhile longer without success.  About an hour before quitting time I finally started getting bit on the Wacky rig (green pumpkin purple flake).  Missed several bites, broke off on a hook set, and landed the 2 other fish.  One was barely long enough to return, the larger one had the head of a 3lber, but was so skinny it might not have weighed 2lbs.  All in all, a tough day to be fishing, but at least I was only 5 miles from The Little Czech Bakery.

Dec 25 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

My phone said ‘breezy’ this morning.  

That was not ‘breezy’ – that was some gale force ish. 

My phone and I need to work on some weather definitions. 

Sheesh.