Tim O'Connor

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30771
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 12/27/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 10: 1x3lbs 2x2 lbs 5x1lb. 2 dinks
Lures Used : senkos, flukes, rattletrap

This was my first time to repeat a property,, and am glad I did..  the day was perfect and the wind was negliglbe most of the day..  Spent most of the day on Comanche, and most of that time fishing the dam.

First double- digit day for me, and it would have been a lot more with proper hook setting techniques.  The largest I landed was a good 3 lbs, and something hit that caused my drag to play a tune with which I was unfamiliar.  Most of them hit Texas-rigged senkos or flukes. I missed quite a few and had several long distance releases.  I may be rigging it wrong because on at least a couple the hook didn't pierce the senko.

Started at 7:30 but the fish didn't show up for work until 9.  There was no topwater bite at least for me.  The first ones hit the redeye rattletrap, then that stopped and I started fishing the fluke in the deeper water.  No preference between fluke and senko as long as they were white.

Met the owner of the property.  Very nice guy.  They are building along the property that fronts Comanche.  

Wrapped up the day casting a bit in the lower pond,but no luck there.  

Dec 28 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Nice work Tim! – my daugher and I definitely couldn’t get the pattern down at Comanche last time – glad you got it dialed in.  Sometimes the fish will grab the back half and not take the whole bait, especially in the more turbid water where they can’t see as well.

Dec 30 2021

Greg Wadley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Interesting they were hitting a white senko. I’ll try tomorrow. 6 weeks back I got 20, but then my last trip out I only got 1. Weather was blue bird after a front which I should have just passed. Worst days are the first day of blue bird after a front. I have generally gotten bit on swim baits over the grass, but I’ll try a white sinko and see. Probably dip the tail in garlic to give it a chartreuse 1/2” tail.