Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30899
Property Name : JerMar Lake
Reservation Date : 01/17/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 5 total, 1.5-2.5lbs
Lures Used : Ned rig, Fluke, Senko

Second time I’ve fished this property and I really enjoy it.  Didn’t have a ton of action, but that’s just fine as it was a beautiful winter day.  Scenery is nice and I think in the Spring/early Summer this property will be a lot of fun.

On to fishing, threw a few casts at two of the smaller ponds on the way in; missed one on a weightless senko.  The wind was only supposed to be 5-6mph, but was more ike 10-12 so had to anchor more than expected.  Once I hit the main lake, I fished off the dock for a few minutes, with nothing doing. Loaded up the boat and hit the brush piles to the left of the dock.  One small hit, but nothing else to report.

Fished all over the lake.  Given the cold front from the past two days, the fish wanted nothing to do with any moving baits.  All fish were caught right up on the brush piles or stumps, fished extremely slow and the bites were very subtle.  That being said, I like this lake as the fish once hooked fight well above their weight.  All fish were 14.5” to 16.5” and healthy.

Fish were caught on ned rigs, small flukes and senkos.  No luck on any of the weed lines.