John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30981
Property Name : Pecan Gap
Reservation Date : 01/22/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3 Bass 2 .5 to 3.13
Lures Used : SLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW

Peccan Gap is a great place to fish, just do not expect antything. The bass (and yes there are big ones) can be finicky. A few days before was a great report with good insight. These fish choose what and when they dine as they are not in a lot of cometition for food. They have plenty. They also do not get fooled easily. But they can be caught. I know one day I WILL get an 8lber there, just wasn’t yesterday (Sat 22nd).

There is a big tree straight out from the dock and in frint of the watere overflow. It is a massive network of limbage. BUT there are numerous single bits of brush all over. There are two out in front of the boat ramp 50yds. I pulled one fish there late in the day. The 3.13 came from the NE corner in the grass (what is left of it with the winter die down). The first fish was a bit of bush in between the big tree and the N hump marker and a little east. I did have a couple bite in these misc bunches of brush. As I would see these on my down image I would slowly and quietly back up and fish them.

Slow slow slow slow presentation. First fish was on an underspin slooooowly dragged on bottom. Then it found a bit of brush and I could not get it in 14ft of water, so I broke it off. Lost a couple things that way. The other two came on a weedless Ned which I am growing very fond of.

Water fairly clear 3’ vis and temp was 40-43. COLD COLD WATER.