Frozen Day to Break a PB! (7LBS 4 OZ!)

Feb 10 2022

Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31043
Property Name : Dogwood Lakes Estate: East Lake
Reservation Date : 02/07/2022 All Day - 02/08/2022 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 12 bass (7.4, 6.5, 3, and the rest smaller or under cull limit)
Lures Used : Entire tackle box slow rolling

Well, I had a long detailed post that disappeared for some reason and wouldn’t let me upload the original text.

Long story short – my buddy and I grinded for back to back days in search of the some of the beasts that lurk at East Lake. We ended up catching 2 great bass. One at 6.5 and my new Personal Best (photos attached that just don’t do this beast justice!) at 7 pounds and 4 oz.

Both days were absolutely freezing. Fishing from sun up till sun down with little to zero success. Starting temps were 27-28 degrees with water temps at 45 degrees rising as high as 57 degrees. Beautiful day, amazing property that I will continue to return to as long as possible!

More details on the catch – it was 7:30am on our second day and we were exhausted from griding the previous day but decided after throwing the entire tackle box that we’d finally resort to Senkos. We switched the senkos and I tossed into a brush pile that we knew were holding fish hunkered down at 19 feet. As I tossed in the eyes of my rod and line on the reel froze up. So after holding hands in my pockets with hand warmer packs I decided to fiddle with the line and dipped the rod into the water to unfreeze the eyes. I immediately felt a TICK and deicded to reel in the slack and that’s when I felt tension which I knew might be a fish. I HAMMERED the hookset and immediately knew it was a big fish. I horsed her in on 30 pound braid and as soon as we saw the flash of her belly about 2 feet under water we knew she’d be a special catch worth documenting! Again, the photos attached just don’t do her justice because she was FAT for 22” and had a girth that’s hard to show in the photos but nonetheless we had her less than 3 minutes and she quickly swam away!

As always, thank you the owner, PWF, (and Jesse!) for this amazing property and the constant upkeep to keep this place so majestic and worth the grind. 10/10 will return as soon as possible – looking forward to warmer months out at Dogwood East!

Cheers

Feb 10 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Nice work!

Feb 10 2022

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Congrats on the PB Alex! The grind was worth it! Beautifully proportioned lunker.

Mark

Feb 10 2022

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Fabulous fish! Nice work!