Crazy or Dumb or Addicted?

Feb 14 2022

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Had to be in Cathage on Saturday (2/12) morning for work, so I thought what the heck, I have always wanted to fish the Dogwood lakes so I booked the PM session.  The weather forecast was deteriorating (cold and rain) through out the week so I loaded the cold weather gear and Frogg Toggs and made my way east.  Finished up in Cathage and made my way to Henderson in a cold, drizzly rain.  My thoughts of catching anything were slowly slipping away.  As I pulled into the gate of Dogwood Estates, I saw something,….wait was that snow?  Yes it was, big, huge snowflakes. Perfect….this day just keeps getting better! 

I drove down to East lake and waited out the snow and rain until around 2 when it let up.  Decided to get in the boat and made my way down the east bank with a Senko, TR speed worm, red rattle trap and a jig.  Hit the banks and out towards any of the numerous stickups with out a bite.  As I neared the creek mouth, I saw some surface activity and some chasing going on.  I swapped out the the lipless crankbait for a chartreuse square bill and picked up 3 fish in quick succession just casting around at the numerous sticks up, trying to deflect the bait of any wood I could see.  And just like that, it was over.  Nothing the rest of the day.  Got off the lake around 5 pm.  Considering the weather I was quite pleased to at least feel a few tugs.  The 3 fish were all in the 17-18 inch class and returned.

I look forward to returning to East lake later this spring and also plan to fish West lake.

Feb 14 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Not sure about everyone else but the answer to your question for me personally is yes.