Ron Dupree

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31539
Property Name : Rock Chimney
Reservation Date : 03/10/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 46 Bass 12-19 inches
Lures Used : crank bait, shaky head, Drop Shot

Fellow member John Shepard and I got a late start on Rock Chimney on 3/10 but had a pretty decent day all said and done. Conditions were great for the fisherman with 5-10 mph winds and clear skies. We tried the banks first but no takers so we loaded up the boat and headed to deeper waters. As we were rigging up the boat 2 very friendly labs decided to visit with us. So much energy with those two particularly the younger black one. I would just caution you if you go on the water and they are around they will try to swim to you and get in the boat. After we launched and once we got away from them we spent the first 2-3 hours just trying to keep enough distance away from the banks so they were not tempted to swim out to us. The black one decided he/she couldnt take it any longer and made a long swim towards us so we picked up anchor and headed toward the bank leading the dog back towards the bank were he/she joined their buddy and they took off running up and down the banks. Eventually they lost interest in us and we could focus on fishing without the worry of a dog trying to join us in the boat, it was comical. Best spot we found was the point between the two creeks sitting out about 50 yards and throwing a dropshot or splitshot rig. Water temp was 56 ish when we started and low 60s by 5:30. Water was as clear as I have ever seen there at 6 ft or more.  We ended the day with 46 bass ranging from 12 inches to a couple close to 20 inches with avg size around 16-17 inches. No real signs of impending spawn that we could tell i.e. big fat bellies, bloody tails, obvious beds in the shallows so maybe 3-4 more weeks of feeding up in preparation.