TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31674
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/19/2022 PM - 03/19/2022 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 10
Lures Used : Brush hog, crankbait, swimbait, chatterbait, senko

I think this was my 4th time out on the beautiful Pecan Springs Ranch. From what I remember, it has never been a numbers lake. I don’t know what happened but my truck map led me to the opposite side of the highway from the reservation GPS link. Luckily, I only lost 15 minutes. The electronic entry gate works, yay! We got on the lake around 12:45 pm. It was my daughter and I fishing at first until my wife got out to the lake around 4 pm from working. Anyways, the lake was rough on the both of them. The water temp was 59-60 degrees. The water clarity was maybe 2’ at the dam but stained at the opposite end. The lake is about 2-3’ low. I was mainly looking for bedding fish. I don’t believe they were in full spawn mode yet but I was able to pick off a couple of the bigger girls on the east side. They were sitting south of the fence line right off the grass edge in 1-2’ of water. I was throwing blue color Trig brush hog and a chatterbait with a brush hog trailer. I did pick one off at the lower end brushpile. The water level at the brushpile was around 3.5’. All fish caught were on the east side and the dam. The sun was hitting the north and east side. I was also throwing a chartreuse color crank bait and a watermelon color senko. Tried throwing red colors but did not have luck. I ended up catching 10 bass weighing from 2-4 pounds with 1 dink. Here are a few pics from 3/19. Oh did notice the fish feeder machine going off but there were no fish pellets. Again, thank you to the owner and PWF!

Mar 20 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

One of the few local Dallas lakes I haven’t hit yet.  Nice work!  Those fish look healthy!

Mar 20 2022

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

One of the few local Dallas lakes I haven’t hit yet.  Nice work!  Those fish look healthy!

Hi Joshua, if you like finesse fishing or topwater bite this may be your place. There’s grass below the surface at the dam and water clarity tops the list. It has good dropoff on the perimeter for suspended fish. Generally when I have booked this place, I am looking for that big bite not numbers. Book it and happy fishing!