Chris Harper

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31532
Property Name : Nix Ranch: Lake TCU
Reservation Date : 03/19/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 17 LMB
Lures Used : Chatterbait and Ned Rig

I took a guest out to Tioga on Saturday and we had a blast. I got to go fishing with Robert, who is a friend of mine from elementary. We fished from the bank since neither of us wanted to fight the wind. Although I should not complain, the wind we had was nothing compared to the two previous days. We threw a lot of different baits but settled on the Chatterbait and Ned rig as the day went on. We culled 12 bass and threw back five healthy fish, and I think only 2 or 3 were females. The property was beautiful, and the Canadian geese were paired up and doing their thing. We fished from 10:30 am to 5:45 pm. action was a little slow at first, but by 2:00 pm, it was very steady. The most productive area was the east bank behind the two islands. There is some snot grass, but it was manageable.

Water visibility was very good up to 36 or more inches. I didn’t see any fish cruising shallow, but they should move up any time now.

Robert and I spent more time telling stories than really fishing hard, but it was a wonderful way to spend a day.

I really appreciate PWF and the Landowner for making this happen.