Joe V. Smith

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31813
Property Name : Jones Lake
Reservation Date : 03/25/2022 PM - 03/25/2022 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 60 to 2 3/4 lbs
Lures Used : worms & wacky

Fished Jones Lake Friday afternoon with another member.The lake is in wonderful shape,with the water level at  full,clarity of 24 plus inches and the vegetation just beginning to get started. I started offf after the trophy bream this lake produces while my friend went after bass. I caught twelve bream on an olive woolly right away of which 8 were trophy size and the other four were large. As soon as this slowed down I put down the fly rod and went after bass.

The bass were active all around the shore line area of the lake hitting 4” watermelon red yum dingers and 5” zoom watermelon seed dead ringer worms. We were using either a 1/32 oz or 1/16 oz weight. I kept trying a wacky and did not do much until I put on a 4” wat/red yum dinger. Only about 20 % of the bass were out in the trees and brush away from the shore line structure.

We caught 60 bass,a dozen plus bream and two crappie. The largest bass was 2 ¾ lbs and 25 were removed but they were very close the the 14” mark.We did not know if they were pre-spawn,post spawn or spawning We guessed pre – spawn. All fish were healthy and fun to catch