Getting ready to explode any day!

Mar 28 2022

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Spent 10 hours on Hat and Star with my son Jon. I caught a 6.13 on a Ned Rig, a 3.95 on a wacky worm and a dink. That is all we had for a very long and hard day of fishing. The water temp started in the high 50’s and ended up in the 63-65 degree range. Clear skies and water with light winds, made it easy to see many bass on their nest. We slowly came up on one monster that was on her nest that had to be 10 pounds!!!! Very frustrating, we tried every bait in the box and every presentation I knew, but could not get them to bite. Never could establish a pattern. With these warm days into the high 70’s and low 80’s, I think it’s just a matter of days when these bass spawn and then go on an eating binge. If you are lucky enough to be there, you could easily have a day you will never forget!  Lastly, Hat and Star, is a beautiful property with QUALITY fish. Many thanks to PWF and the owner for the opportunity !!!!

Mar 29 2022

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report Charles and that big ol bass must have got the heart pumping. How is the boat at the lake? A standard 14 footer?

Mar 29 2022

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

Thanks for the report Charles and that big ol bass must have got the heart pumping. How is the boat at the lake? A standard 14 footer?

Yes, a fairly new Topper 14’, but it was badly damaged in the back corner near the transom (had a hole in the corner). We brought our boat so could not tell if club boat was usable or not.

Mar 29 2022

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Charles McCarble

Yes, a fairly new Topper 14’, but it was badly damaged in the back corner near the transom (had a hole in the corner). We brought our boat so could not tell if club boat was usable or not.

Got it, thanks again. 

Mar 29 2022

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

Got it, thanks again. 

Be prepared for LOTS of timber. This place is like Lake Fork. Focus on the backs of small fingers and flats (points). The bass are nesting in warm shallow areas. Make as little noise as possible, you will be able to come within 3-4 feet of bass on nest.. You will see some monsters!