Dogleg Ranch 3/27/22

Mar 31 2022

Blake Doughtie

Fry

Number of Posts :

Water was stained this Sunday, also pretty windy until later in the day around 3 pm. Fish were suspended and cruising, from what I could tell with my new electronics. Fish didn’t seem very active in the shallow areas, and I only caught and harvested 4 fish under 14in. Three caught on a dropshot (nearly deadsticking it) between the trees and stumps on the south part of the pond. The other one I caught on a shakey head with 6.3in worm, towards the SE corner on a stump. They wouldn’t take a jig in the trees, wouldn’t bite a swimjig or chatterbait in the shallow grass, wouldn’t swipe at a jerkbait around the trees. I only saw one bass on a bed once the wind calmed down in the afternoon

Not the greatest fishing, but I got to test out the new additions I’ve added to my pond prowler 8. Definitely need to change some things up to make it fit my preferences. It was much more of a learning experience than a knock it out of the park day of fishing. Water’s low by several feet, and grass on the northern half of the pond prevented me from going too far past the single decoy in the middle of the pond.

South of the black line is the road-bed drop off. Within the blue outline is a point, Green outline goes around the line of trees/stumps. Pink is a flat. Cyan is the deepest water I could find. Hope this helps!

Mar 31 2022

Blake Doughtie

Fry

Number of Posts :

I’m having some difficulty uploading pics for some reason, so if you’re wanting to see an outline map of structure and cover, shoot me a message.