Slow day at Butler Lake

Apr 01 2022

Ralph DeLeonardis

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31915
Property Name : Butler Lake
Reservation Date : 03/31/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3 bass; 2 ~ 2 pounds; 1 ~ 3 pounds.
Lures Used : Plastic worms; Senkos

Jim Collins and I arrived at Butler lake around 9:30 am on a beautiful Spring day.  We fished on our kayaks until about 3:30 pm.  Fishing was slow all day.  Fished the entire lake several times over.  Bites were few and far between, and very light.  We did manage to catch 3 fish; one a nice 3 pounder.  Also lost another 3 fish (which appeared to be pretty nice) just as we were about to pull them into the kayak due to line snaps (not sure why exactly).  This was our first time fishing Butler.  It is a beautiful property and very peaceful.  We really enjoyed the day and will definetely be going back.

Apr 01 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Ralph, 

How often do you change line? Do you store your line inside or outside in the garage? I change lines every 5-6 and I store my reels indoors. Might be overkill, but I don't have line breaks unless of a fray. 

I just started storing indoors a few years ago and it makes a difference.

Apr 01 2022

Ralph DeLeonardis

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Hi Ralph, 

How often do you change line? Do you store your line inside or outside in the garage? I change lines every 5-6 and I store my reels indoors. Might be overkill, but I don't have line breaks unless of a fray. 

I just started storing indoors a few years ago and it makes a difference.

Thanks Steve.  Sounds like good advice.  I currently store my lines in the garage.  That may be the problem.  I had lines snap on two different reels yesterday, and both reels had new lines installed about 7 months ago.

Apr 01 2022

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Ralph DeLeonardis

Thanks Steve.  Sounds like good advice.  I currently store my lines in the garage.  That may be the problem.  I had lines snap on two different reels yesterday, and both reels had new lines installed about 7 months ago.

What kind of line are you using? Flouro, Mono, or Braid?

Apr 02 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Ralph DeLeonardis

I’m going to move this topic to the discussions page so more can view. It will allow for greater discussion and others can share their experience.