Jason Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31993
Property Name : K Bar Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/03/2022 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 40 up to 3lbs+
Lures Used : White chatter bait, flat sided crank baits

I was supposed to work today but by 11am the phone didn't ring and I figured why not make a quick afternoon trip to K-Bar since its only about 3 miles from my house.  It was a good decision.

My son and I had the boat rigged up and on Golden Pond by about 12:15pm and immediately started catching fish.  Casting up to the bank and around all the wood with a white chatter bait and flat sided crank baits produced best.  I don't think color on the crank baits mattered, anything shiny seemed to do the trick. By 4pm we had caught about 30 bass. We didn't weigh any, but a few seemed to be over 3lbs and maybe only 5 were under 14”.  No giants but a good number of solid fish.  They were all fat.  Not sure if they haven't spawned yet or just eating good.  

This property doesn't offer any protection from the wind, so by about 4pm, after a few laps around Golden Pond, we were tired of fighting it.  We packed up the boat and decided to do a little bank fishing on Lake Raymond.  In less than an hour my son caught another 10 bass by using a 2” paddle tail swim bait (white) on a road runner head on ultra light rod/reel.  The fish caught here were a little smaller than what we caught out of Golden but that's probably due to the small bait being used.  Still fun though.  

We called it around 5pm.  You can't ask for a better afternoon, especially when the lake is only 3 miles from the house.