Apr 10 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31994
Property Name : Northeast Lake
Reservation Date : 04/09/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18 up to 4lbs 9ozs
Lures Used : Skirtless chatterbait - PBJ trailer, Senko - Green Magic, DT6 Chart/Blk

The first lake in our 2 day trip, Zach and I fished NE lake for the first time.  The bite was consistent rom 7:30-12.  

1. Water was 58 upon arrival and warmed quickly to 66 by the time we left.  Wind was mixed.  Water was clearish to 4 feet or so with a greenish but tannic stain.
  2. We fished the whole lake but the main lake and the flats springing off it were the best.  There were fish in the back shallow area, but they could see us before we saw them and spooked easy. 
  3. Wind blown point across from the boat launch and extending to the dam had the best fish.  We caught 3 over 4lbs – 2 on chatterbaits and 1 on a spinnerbait.  
  4. If the main lake is a bowl, there is a ledge 1/3rd of the way down. that goes from 10’-->6’.  Cranking this area produced as well.  
  5. There were a number of yearling bass from last year in the top corner by the dam opposite the wind blown bank.  Looked like they were feeding on bugs.  Couple of larger fish underneath but not sure if they were bass as they didn’t bite.  
  6. Males were still on beds but the females had spawned and backed off to 6-10’ FOW.  Next wave will move up soon but only caught one of the next wave that was prespawn (my largest fish).  Zach’s fish was bigger lengthwise but had spawned out.  My other 4 had spawned out as well. 
  7. Had to attend a meeting at my home lake at 2pm that was just around the corner on 31, so we were off the water by noon. 
  8. Caught some bass that would have been culls but was unsure of the policy as it didn’t specify in the instructions.