Corky Cummings

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32036
Property Name : Waterboo Lake: Bedrock Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/10/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 12 fish most were right at 14-16"
Lures Used : White spinner bait, TX rig worm

Fished 4-10-22 7:30 am till about 1 pm.  Water was 61 degress on surface in am and climbed to 64 degrees when I left.  

Most of the catches were on a spinner bait in 3-5 ft of water and hitting on the retrieve.  I caught a couple of dinks up near the bank with Tx rig, but the wind kept me moving so much it was tough to fish it slow.  No luck with wacky worm, lizard, brush hog, rat L trap or topwater.

Just about every fish looked the same as they were all aout 14-16” and maybe one went for 2 lbs.  This is a quality lake that I will keep going to because of the location, and the ranch keeps the area around the lake nice.  It would be a great campsite for family.  There is lots of wildlife activity in the area.

I live in North Texas and the club seems to be losing ground north of metroplex as 2 of my 3 go to lakes are now out of the program.  I sure would hate to lose this one so try it out!  I would like to know what we as members can do to keep lakes in the program longer? 

Apr 11 2022

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Waterboo is a great lake and beautiful ranch!  We definitely should be getting some more folks out there, hasn’t been fished much this year.

We’ve lost a few good lakes this past year but have added some good ones as well (e.g. Denison and Ladonia).  We’ve been reaching out to prospects North and West of Ft Worth to backfill a couple of the lakes we lost, hopefully we’ll get some hits on those.