Huge day. Fished 8:30 - 3:30 and boated 38

Apr 16 2022

Greg Wadley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32188
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 04/16/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 38 about a dozen 3lbs. Biggest 3:13.
Lures Used : Wacky, swim bait, sinko

Saw some activity by the damn when I drove up. They wouldn’t chase, so I caught 8 on a wacky up shallow. Nothing big. Then moved mid lake and caught 8 more on a 3” swim bait on an Owner Flashy. Moved to the back ot the grass lake. You can’t really fish much as the grass is almost to the top of the water. I fished both a weightless sinko (watermellon red), and weightless 5” swim bait. Caught 4 all good size 3-4lbs. Back was hurting so pulled the boat in and went over to the lake just down the hill. Don’t skip this lake. I caught another 6 here all good size on a 5” t-rigged swim bait with 1/8oz tungeston casting off the damn. Most hit out deep so wacky would have probably worked too.  Ate lunch and went back to the grass lake. Caught several more in the same pattern for a total of 38. Crazy day. It was cloudy right in front of a front which is generally a perfect day for swim bait bite over grass. Once the wind turned north bite slowed and i went home a happy boy. I didn’t take any pics as I don’t generally take pics unless fish are over 5lbs. This lake can be good for numbers this time of year but I’ve never caught anything over 4.5lbs.