Over cast day at Boatwright

Apr 17 2022

Pablo Maldonado

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32150
Property Name : Boatwright Lake
Reservation Date : 04/15/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 29 ( 16x <14", 13x >14"; Largest at 19'')
Lures Used : Wacky Senkos, Rage Craw, Popper and Flukes

Visited Boatwright in Kennard on friday 4/15 for the first time and surely left satisfied.

Arrived here a little after 7 and immediately fished the bank near the launch by using a popper and was able to get 2 from the bank. Decided to get on the boat (big ol heavy but sturdy boat lol) and after a lil struggle, set out on the water. 

I headed for the dam accross the launch and was only to get two with a wacky worm in junebug.

I caught the majority of the fish in the channels leading out from the lake, focusing on the banks where the tall grass was growing. I started pitching a rage craw and caught a few on the point with structure on the E side of the lake and along the bank. After that, I went back with the wacky and then t rig senk and caight a few more. 

It was until i tied on a fluke that i started catching them cast after cast, so that’s what I stayed throwing through out the day. Same method just focusing on getting the lure near the grass reeds or close to the bank as possible. 

I did catch one sunfish that was HUGE and really nice colors. I tried getting a pic but it did not want to cooperate lol

Overall extremly happy with the outcome and the property itself is gorgeous, gotta love those east Tx pines. Also, my family was happy w/ the harvest especially for our fish fry easter sunday!

Colors i used for my SP were morning dawn, junebug, green pumpkin and smokin shad.

Thanks again to the owners of this fine property and PWF.